Travel insurance is insurance that is intended to cover financial, medical expenses and other losses incurred while traveling, either within one's own country, or internationally.
Travel insurance can usually be arranged at the time of booking of a trip to cover exactly the duration of that trip or a more extensive, continuous insurance can be purchased from (most often) travel agents, travel insurance companies or directly from travel suppliers such as cruiselines or tour operators.
Travel insurance often offers coverage for a variety of travelers. Student travel, business travel, leisure travel, adventure travel, cruise travel, and international travel are all various options that can be insured.
The most common risks that are covered by travel insurance are:
• Delayed departure
• Loss, theft or damage to personal possessions and money (including travel documents)
• Delayed baggage (and emergency replacement of essential items)
• Emergency evacuation/repatriation
• Overseas funeral expenses
• Accidental death, injury or disablement benefit
• Legal assistance
• Personal liability and rental car damage excess
Some travel policies will also provide cover for additional costs, although these vary widely between providers.
And in addition, often separate insurance can be purchased for specific costs such as:
• high risk sports
• travel to high risk countries
• pre-existing medical conditions
Travel insurance can also provide helpful services, often 24 hours a day, 7 days a week that can include concierge services and emergency travel assistance.
So Find right travel partner to give you complete details and assistance for your travel insurance requirements.